Peter Garry (“I”, and “me” and “my” will be interpreted accordingly) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me. Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it. By visiting this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to me. You may give me information about you by filling in forms on this site (my site) or by corresponding with me by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use my site, subscribe to any service offered by me outside of my work at Keystone Law Limited, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on my site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with my site. The information you give to me may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, photograph and without limitation other information.
- Information I collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to my site I may automatically collect the following information:technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from my site (including date and time); pages and products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call my telephone number.
- Information I receive from other sources. I may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites I operate or the other services I provide. In this case I will have informed you when I collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. I may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors or main contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
I use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to me. I will use this information:
- to provide you with information and updates concerning business partnership law and practice;
- to carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from me;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services I offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services I feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to my service;
- to ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- communications sent to me via the contact facility on this website will be forwarded to my personal email address and will be treated by me as confidential and (if it seeks legal advice) privileged according to English law. I will respond to you via my Keystone Law Limited email address.
Information I collect about you. I will use this information:
- to administer my site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve my site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of my efforts to keep my site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising I serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of my site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information I receive from other sources. I may combine this information with information you give to me and information I collect about you. I may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information I receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
I may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors and main contractors and any legal practice I may contract my services to or work for, for the performance of any contract I enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist me in the improvement and optimisation of my site.
- Providers of email and other marketing services through whom I send marketing and other emails and track interactions and responses.
I may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that I sell or buy any business or assets, in which case I may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If this website and/or all or part of the assets comprising it or used in relation to it are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about you may be one of the transferred assets.
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of this website, my clients or customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Any legal practice I may contract my services to or work for.
WHERE I STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password and/or other information which enables you to access certain parts of my site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. I ask you not to share a password or other information used to gain access to this site with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will endeavour to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site or transmitted from me to you or other permitted parties, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, and may rely on third parties inside or outside the EEA to provide these.
I collect your personal data for marketing purposes and/or to enable me to render services and/or provide digital or physical products to you. You have the right to ask me not to process your personal data for marketing or any other purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting me.
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites belonging to and/or operated by others. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 (or such fee as is applicable from time to time) to meet my costs of providing you with details of the information I hold about you. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting me.
Last updated: 3 December 2017